Monday, June 01, 2009

Internship in KL

HELLO people! It's been a week I started my practical training. The firm that I am working is located at the IOI Business Park, Puchong, I am working in an architecture firm called KCYS Architects. There are around 20 people in the office including three bosses: KC, CY and YS. Thus, KCYS. =)

The office entrance
Every morning I am traveling to work by taking the MRR2 (Middle Ring Road 2) which is always congested on the other side, luckily, and the Bandar Kinrara way to get to Puchong. The journey takes around 40 minutes drive. Red.fm is the channel keeps me entertain along the way.
Smooth drive along the highway at my area
Slow moving traffic near Bandar Tun Razak

Passing by Astro building in Serdang
Surprisingly, in the firm that I am working, there are quite a number of staff who are ex-UTM students. Few of them still remember long serving lecturers like Apai (PM Jaafar) and Ar Hong.
IOI Mall opposite
IOI Business Park
During lunch break, I'll follow my colleagues for a meal at the nearby area. Puchong has A LOT of things to eat I tell you. I wonder if I am able to try all the places to eat before I left the firm in two months' time.
 

As I am the only trainee in the firm, I was asked to handle simple project and some minor tasks. The other day, boss KC asked me to go to the local authority office in Petaling Jaya and Shah Alam to have the drawings checked. All the plans and drawings have to be checked then approved by the town planner before proceed to further steps.

Here are some of my course mates internship experience: Hui San, Jenny, Jean and Anis.

As for me, I prefer going outdoor than staying inside the office, looking at monitor screen of AutoCad and Sketchup. Right now, I am working on a banquet hall design in Kajang, with assist from a staff, who happens to be a UTM graduate in 2004.


Hope it'll be a good internship experience in these 2 months' time!

No comments: