Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Island Trip (Day 9)

Day 9 (Fri)
Finally, no more flyers to be distributed, no more funny faces/rejections from people, it was time for us to ENJOY!! On that day, KJ and I decided to go Sentosa, the Singapore island resort.

View from Mt Faber
KJ: Which is my cabin?
First we took a cab to Mount Faber and then took a cable car ride to the Sentosa Island. The return-trip ticket costs S$17/person for the glass cabin. From the cable car we could see..
and this.
It was a breathtaking view from the top. However to those who are afraid of height and sea, I suggest you to take a bus/car ride to Sentosa.
Once we reached Sentosa Cable Car station, we walked under the hot sun all the way down to the visitor arrival centre. Then took a Sentosa feeder bus back to the top again. -_-" Haha. I didn't look carefully at the map and the surrouding at first.
First we went to the 4D cinema (located at the Imbiah Lookout) and watched the show "Pirates!" starring Leslie Nelson. The ticket was S$16/person. It lasted only 20 minutes but the effects was amazing. Not only you could feel the seat moving and the 3D effect. There were also water splashing, wind blowing and sounds from the seats to make the whole show looked real.

Sentosa 4D Magix
Then we took the luge ride (1st in South East Asia) nearby. It was something like a go-cart but instead on stepping on the accelerator pedal to move, you just have to slide with the engine-free-cart downhill using its unique steering and braking system. It rely on gravitatonal pull to move. I must say that that was the most exciting ride on that day! It gave us the adrenaline rush without a car.
The Luge ticket counter (S$15 for 3 rides + 3 chairlifts)
Berhati-hati di jalan raya
After the ride, a chairlift will bring you back up to the starting point.
Next we walked along Siloso Beach. It lies on the west portion of the southern coast and it has places for beach volleyball and other outdoor activities such as canoeing, skim boarding, mountain biking or roller blading. There are also dining and shopping outlets along the beach.
It started to rain halfway and we ran to a souvenior shop for shelter. Thenwe took the Siloso Beach tram back to where we walked from and when the rain stopped we tried the luge ride for another time.
Siloso Beach
Next we boarded the Tanjong Beach tram to the Dolphin Lagoon at about 1pm. The ticket to watch the pink dolphin show is S$19.50 (inclusive of The Underwater World Entrance). The dolphins performed some stunts to cheer up the crowd. The MC then called for two volunteers to play games with the pink dolphins

Dolphin: Hi every people!
She was from London and he was from Australia
Dolphin: Don't blink your eyes, fellas
After the dolphin show, we took the Sentosa feeder bus to the Underwater World. For me, it was nothing much. Almost the same as KLCC Aquaria and Langkawi Underwater World. After all, it is still fish. KJ bought a box of chocolates before leaving there.
From the Underwater World, we took a tram to Pahlawan Beach. There was a suspension bridge that lead to another small island off the coast which is said to be the Southernmost Point of Continental Asia, or Asia's closest point to the Equator.
View from the Island of the Southernmost Point of Continental Asia
These were some of the views you can get from the tower on the island:
After enjoying the view and breeze from the tower, we walked along the beach back to Siloso Beach. There we changed and went into the sea since we brought our swimming trunks along. Unfortunately it rained after 15 minutes so we had to changed back.
When the rain stopped, we took the chairlift up the hill. The chairlift reminded me of the ice skiing resort from Winter Sonata. =D We tried the luge ride once more, then went up back up again. After that it was time for us to leave the island, since it was already getting late.
I am definately coming back to try this again!
At night KJ's parents were hosting a dinner at SAFRA Mt Faber. It was in a clubhouse and I heard that the dinner costs about S$700!! All of his uncles, aunties and cousins came. And I was the only outsider. Anyway, I still enjoyed myself. The most important thing is, I got to taste delicious food without having to pay a single cent. =p
After the dinner, we went to the bar downstairs and the uncles aunties had a drink. Some were singing karaoke/dancing and some were playing pool. To my suprise KJ dad was good at playing pool. We spent the whole night until 1am...

No comments: