Monday, December 24, 2007

How I Spend My Christmas

MERRY Christmas!!! Hohoho..it's already 12am now. Currently listening to 'We wish you a Merry Christmas' by Enya. Christmas, the season of joy and also love if you found one.

Time flies. I remembered how I spent my Christmas countdown last year with my fellow coursemates and friends at Clark Quay, Singapore.

However this year is little different, still in Singapore though.

Awhile ago all the relatives were here (at my aunt's house) for a stemboat dinner. At the same time we watched 881 or the Papaya Sisters which my uncle bought earlier. And the relatives have left before 12 cause some of the elderly were already feeling tired. Here I am now blogging and MSNing and listening to Christmas songs on youtube. Haha.

I arrived here on Singapore on the past 2 days with my family. This time we used the Second link cause dad said that they might be a massive jam on the Johor causeway.

On the first day we arrived it was already night time so the we only manage to go out gai gai and shopping (not for me) on the next day.

The following day we went to Bugis area. Mum and sister wanna buy some stuff and dad wana go to Sim Lim Square. And as for me, I went to the National Library cause I got nothing to buy. Just walk past the mall and see see around.

There are more things to read and see in the library. Hehe.

Some pics:

Some arts institute which featured in a magazine that I read before

Just completed not long ago one

Some vendors around OG area

Bugis Junction Complex

Model with nice gown


Eva Greens from Kompas Emas. Can take photo with her in the frame one.

We met at the OG entrance at about 4pm and met with other relatives there. Then all of us went inside the mall.

WAH LAO YEH!! So many humans inside!! Everybody is rushing for last minute X'mas shopping I guess. Long queues on the cashiers as well. The toys department especially are almost packed. I also went there to see some Lego toys. =p

Next, we took a bus to Orchard Road as mum wana go to Takashimaya. When we almost reached our stop, I also many 'flower cars' (mind me, I dunno what to call that..hehe) by the roadside, with many policemen guarding at the front. So after we got down, I quickly took some shot. And they were just about to leave . Nice timing!

From inside the bus

So colourful...not the taxis

Police police

One of the colourful colourful cars

As we were walking heading to Takashimaya, a lady was giving free gift wrappers to everyone. It's sponsered from Singtel.

Come, come! I don't wana squat anymore

The Christmas tree in Takashimaya was excatly the same as last year. Just like KLCC's, I think they used back the old one. But, it's nice...so much voltage on the tree!


Got model posed for me somemore. Hehe

Sis and cousin

Some displays the mall. Teddy bears as scarf and skirt

The streets of Orchard is always full of people, tourist and also performances and shows during this season of joy. The theme for this year is 'Christmas in the Tropics'.

A key favourite of the annual Christmas in the Tropics celebration is the Christmas Light-up, themed "A Fairytale Christmas" this year, with Scotts Road and the Orchard Road stretch from Tanglin Road to Plaza Singapura and the Marina Bay area from Hotel Rendezvous to Raffles Avenue transformed into a bewitching Crystal Forest decked with magnificent chandeliers, magic harps, glittering jewels, dazzling lights in red, gold and white, and even a magical carousel.

I have yet to see the whole Christmas light-up decorations of Orchard. Just saw part of it in front of Takashimaya.

In front of Takashimaya

Crystal forest

Choir in front of Takashimaya

And here are some pics of the steamboat dinner ealier:


One thing that I missed today!!!! I actually planned to watch 'Lust, Caution' but couldn't make it as the schedule was quite pack this afternoon. Was visiting relative's house and uncle's office. Soon gotta come back aunt's house preparing for dinner.

Hope I can catch it tomorrow before leaving for KL....cause I wanna watch the FULL version of that movie!

1 comment:

yee mei said...

yah! same christmas tree in takashimaya!! i took pictures with that exact same tree last year. HOHOHO.
Miss shopping there ...
=D